History of Stud Earrings
Earrings are considered the most common type of jewelry worn by men and women worldwide. It became so trendy that most parents before often have their baby girl's ear pierced to have them grow accustomed to wearing stud earrings. During ancient times, stud earrings for men were compared to those for women. Throughout time and cultures, earrings have been used to express and convey either cultural identity or tribal affiliation. However, sometimes it indicates the wearer's social status. Do you know the main reason why earrings became popular during ancient times and up until now? Simple, it is because of their decorative function. Earrings are believed to be an immediate indicator of a person because they usually sit near the face where most people glance when communicating.
Earrings have different varieties, which can be listed from the types and styles. One of the famous types worn by most people during ancient times until today’s modern era is the well-known stud earrings. They are believed to be present way back 7000 years ago. The birth of stud earrings started in ancient Asia, and most stud earrings before were mainly worn by men only. Men were wearing stud earrings to display their higher class origins, among others. As time passes, stud earrings have evolved, and they have been making names and marks from one culture to another. These little fashion accessories have a rich past when it comes to culture and art. Tons of style and types of these earrings are just waiting to be worn. Diamond stud earrings and gold stud earrings are among the most famous kinds nowadays. The history that entails women wearing matching types of earrings in both ears while men are satisfied with just one earring wasn’t much different in ancient times or early history. The only difference about the modern stud earrings is that the materials used in making them are more expensive, just like gold and silver stud earrings. Nowadays, expensive stud earrings are made from various materials and sold at a wide range of prices, making it why they are only owned or worn by people who can afford the steep costs.
Types of Stud Earrings
The earring type that you wear as a person depends on various things and factors. Most of the time, a person wearing a pair of earrings is dependent on their styles, the occasion, their culture, or sometimes, on their face's shape. Different styles and types of earrings can accentuate a person's look. So it is vital to know what earrings you want. The following stud earrings are a vast array that can help transform your look, style, and how you feel about yourself.
- Diamond Stud Earrings - these earrings belong to the famous kinds of studs. Women commonly wear these because it projects a simple pair yet elegant and stunning pair of earrings embellished and designed with dazzling diamonds.
- Gemstone Stud Earrings - these types are also commonly used by men and women nowadays. They are sometimes referred to as birthstone studs because gems used in these earrings are associated and considered as birthstones of each month of the year.
- Pearl Stud Earrings - these are considered rare types of studs because of the pearls used in making them. Pearl stud earrings are ideal when you want to pull off an elegant and sophisticated look—also chosen by women who also want to show off their classic looks.
- Animal Character Stud Earrings - these earrings are whimsical and perfect for your little ones. These studs showcase animal-designed characters that are often used by children. They are also commonly chosen as gifts for animal lovers.
- Flower Stud Earrings - these earrings can also be ideal for children. Flower stud earrings convey the playful side of the wearer. These are also excellent gifts that will add a bright and colorful accessory to your daily look.
Choosing from the vast options of stud earrings can be overwhelming. Hence, having the idea in your mind already can help you narrow down your choices and pick the perfect one. With the types of stud earrings provided above, you can directly know what suits your personality and style. Whether you are in a hunt looking for a pair of stud earrings for a special someone or just treating yourself with another pair, IceCarats will give you options of what you are looking for. Visit our website and explore our gorgeous selections!
How to Choose Stud Earrings?
Any stud earrings can dress up and accentuate your look. They can always add a dazzling splash of style to your outfits. It can undoubtedly turn heads and can make you a trendsetter, too! If you plan to buy a pair of stud earrings, here's how to choose one that you will surely love.
- Choose your Metal. When choosing a pair of stud earrings, it is not just "fashioned" that you need to consider. The first important thing to remember is the sensitivity of the wearer's skin when wearing stud earrings. Many people are sensitive to some metals such as copper and nickel, making it why they avoid buying jewelry items made out of these. However, some types of metal are hypoallergenic, like platinum. This is the safest option for a person who is prone to skin allergies. But if you can wear all types of metal, choosing the perfect one ranging from gold to silver can help you achieve the perfect pair of studs.
- Choose your Metal Color. After choosing what type of metal you desire for your pair of stud earrings, you can now select the metal color. Choosing the color of metal for your studs may vary from your style and personality. But bear in mind to consider the color of metal that will complement your skin tone.
- Figure Out Your Budget. Having the idea of the type of earrings you want may help you narrow down your choices, but figuring out your budget will help you decide where to look and what to buy. Your budget may also vary on the occasion you are attending. It depends on how much you are willing to spend. So, spend your money wisely on quality stud earrings.
- Choose Your Cut. It sometimes gives you a headache on what type of cut you would like to wear with so many stud earrings choices. The most favorite cuts are round and princess cut. Choosing the best cut will help you pick the perfect stud pairs.
- Choose Your Backs. Some of you may think that your stud earrings' backs are not important and you need to do away with that idea. When choosing a pair of stud earrings, you also need to consider the comfort and security the backs are giving. Always check the backs of the stud earrings you are buying because some will make you feel uncomfortable once you wear them, and others might end up slipping out of your ears.
- Choose the Right Color. When purchasing colored stud earrings, remember to choose the color that will match your outfits and other accessories. Colored earrings can add life and pop of colors every time you intend to wear them. However, bear in mind that there are colored earrings that are short-lived. If you want to invest in colored studs, choose classic colors because they are timeless.
- Choose the Weight. Different types of earrings have different weights. Although this factor may not cross your mind when purchasing, buying studs could be a deciding factor. Heavy stud earrings may give you discomfort or may damage your ears as time goes by.
Choosing a perfect pair of stud earrings that will work for you and express your style and personality doesn't have to be complicated. Following the given guidelines above will help you search for the perfect ones when in doubt. A classic pair of stud earrings that you partner with any of your outfits are considered your quick-go-accessory. So when looking for one, pick the perfect pair that will give you a dazzling look. If you are looking for gorgeous and quality stud earrings, do not hesitate to visit our website. Herewith us in IceCarats, you will find the suited pair of earrings that you will surely love.
When to Wear Stud Earrings?
Stud earrings are types of earrings that give an effortless way to update and upgrade your daily wardrobe. Whether you are simply making a fashion statement or enhancing your overall look, there are many reasons why we don’t go wrong when we choose to wear stud earrings. These versatile pieces of earrings are subtle yet elegant ensembles that will help you find the easiest ways to team them up with any of your outfits for any occasion. They are also ideal for wearing regardless of the nature of your work. Your job may require you to look modest and have a polished appearance. That is when a pair of stud earrings is of great help. When wearing any professional outfits when you work in a traditional and conservative field, opting for stud earrings is ideal. They usually appear in a minimal look, may it be in color or design.
Remember that when you are wearing a pair of stud earrings, there are no specific rules. Make it fun and exciting by experimenting, mixing, and matching them with what studs work for you. Although every look you want makes you happy, try to be careful not to overdo your look.