History of Pearl Earrings
Pearls are unique gemstones because they came not in the depths of the earth but from the bottom of the sea. They are known as the “Queen of Gems” and have been used in jewelry making since ancient times. It was 420 BC years ago when pearls became ornaments and played an important role. Natural pearls are the rarest gems, and as living organisms make them under the sea, this makes pearl jewelry expensive. Greeks also used Pearls during the 20th century and considered the most valuable gems. They are in demand for thousands of years, although many types of gemstones come in and out of style. Jewelry made of pearls has been considered a classic, contemporary, and timeless piece that will never go out of style.
Most people who collect jewelry love pearl accessories, but pearl earrings are the most adorned pieces. The reason is that these earrings do not only embody class and sophistication but also flattering to the wearer’s complexion and personality. The tenderness and sensuality of pearl earrings are special. They may look all the same, but you will be surprised by how different types of pearls accentuate your look. They are also considered a true staple in any jewelry collection because they will match any of your outfits. Pearl is a symbol of harmony, perfection, and purity during ancient times and is often worn by women. For more than many years, it also became a classic symbol of luxury and grace. Nowadays, they come in various styles and types that are still trendy pieces.
Types of Pearl Earrings
When deciding to buy pearl earrings, you can be in awe with the tons of options to choose from based on what's available in the market. Every pearl earring is unique and has an irresistible charm and a long-lasting beauty that everyone loves. Selecting the best possible pearl earrings will help you achieve an extra radiance of sparkle and sophistication. Here's a list of the different types of pearl earrings.
- Pearl Stud Earrings - these are the most popular types of pearl earrings. Pearl stud earrings are a classic and versatile accessory that goes with any outfit. From wearing jeans to black dresses, pearl studs are ideal to finish a look because they are simple and relatively dainty.
- Pearl Drop Earrings - these earrings are simply studs but with a twist. Pearl drop earrings hang a little bit below the wearer's earlobe with a pearl that drops at the earrings' base.
- Dangle Pearl Earrings - are similar to drop pearl earrings. The only difference is, it is usually longer. Dangle pearl earrings feature one delicate pearl paired with several large pearls.
- Chandelier Pearl Earrings - these earrings have an elongated drop in the shape of chandeliers. The pearls that make a chandelier dangle below the ear, making this a unique and perfect accessory for formal occasions.
- Pearl Climber Earrings - these earrings are considered classic styles with a fresh modern twist. Climbers or crawlers used to "climb" up the wearer's earlobe and required only one piercing. These earrings are becoming popular nowadays.
- Pearl Hoop Earrings - these earrings can be round or oval and come in different sizes. There are small pearl hoop earrings that are more appropriate for casual events, and there are also larger pearl hoop earrings.
- Black Pearl Earrings - are rare, mysterious, and considered exotic types because of their color. Black pearl earrings are naturally dark, but they have irresistible metallic sparkle.
- Freshwater Pearl Earrings - these earrings are the most popular and most affordable type of pearl earrings. Freshwater pearl earrings have the widest range out of all kinds. These come in different colors such as white, pink, peach, and sometimes lavender. Among the many varieties of colors, white and pink pearl earrings are the famous ones.
Buying pearl earrings is about understanding the different types and choosing the perfect pair to suit your personality and style. This will help you get the one that speaks the real you. And now that you know all about the types of pearl earrings, you can look for the perfect pair here with us in IceCarats. Just visit our website, and you'll be able to find a vast array of quality and beautiful pearl earrings.
How to Choose Pearl Earrings?
Are you in doubt looking for the best pair of pearl earrings for a special someone or yourself, and you don't have the idea where and how to start? Whatever reason you have, you will find all the essential details that you will be needing when choosing pearl earrings with the guide provided below.
- Set up a budget when purchasing a pair of pearl earrings. This first step will help narrow down your choices. There are inexpensive types of pearl earrings, but they are also quality. Having a budget range will help you save time, energy, and money.
- Once you have already set a specific budget in your mind, you need to know your pearl earring styles or types. Pearl earrings come in more style than you can imagine, so you need to be firm on your choice.
- The shapes of pearls are more than just round! So if you are looking for unique pearl earrings, consider the pearl's shape. Various shapes can embellish a pair of earrings. So, remember to choose the form that suits your taste, style, and most importantly, the one that speaks the real you.
- Pearls also have colors. When used to make pearl earrings, choose the color you desire or the one that speaks your personality. You don't need to limit yourself when choosing a color for your pearl earrings because there are many available colors to choose from.
- When buying a pair of pearl stud earrings, you need to consider the size. Same with pearl hoop earrings, you need to choose whether you want a smaller or larger hoop. Take note, there is no right or wrong when choosing your pearl earrings' size, but choosing the right one helps you achieve a dainty, glamorous look.
- The surface quality of the pearls is also an essential factor to consider. Remember that a high-quality pearl has lesser irregularities, and if it does have, they are not noticeable. The little and fewer the blemishes are, your pearl earrings are more valuable.
- Pearl earrings are, without a doubt, the centerpiece of your overall look. By that, you also need to choose the right metal to be used. Your desired pearl earrings style must complement the most delicate materials, such as gold or silver.
- Considering the shape of your face when choosing a pair of pearl earrings is also a must. Whatever your face's shape is, the most important thing to remember when selecting earrings is that the one you choose should emphasize your face's features and enhance your natural beauty.
When to Wear Pearl Earrings?
Pearl earrings are labeled as classic, timeless, and versatile accessories worn every day or for special occasions. Whatever the event you are attending, pearl earrings will help you highlight your beauty and wrap your style in an aura of effortless elegance. If you are overthinking the rules when to wear them, the following suggestions will help you pull off the vibe you want to send off when wearing pearl earrings.
- Everyday Look. Pearl earrings are versatile, but there are specific ones that you can wear every day, like the dainty pearl stud earrings and small pearl hoop earrings. These earrings can boost and level up your simple everyday look.
- Office Look. If you want to level up your office confidence, wearing a pair of pearl earrings can help. Pearl earrings are sophisticated and appropriate for office attires because they bring sophistication and elegance that can project a beautiful look and glow, especially when meeting some clients.
- Smart Casual Look. Pearl earrings go incredibly with any of your smart-casual attire. A perfect pair of dangle or hoop pearl earrings will accentuate your casual outfit.
- Evening Look. Unleash the inner goddess in you and partner your black dress or long black gown with dazzling and stunning pearl drop earrings. Whether you choose any color of pearls on your drop earrings, they can undoubtedly turn heads when you walk in a crowd.
- Special Occasions like Weddings. Pearls are always ideal as wedding accessories. No matter your role, may you be the bride, a bridesmaid, or even just a guest. Wearing pearl earrings will perfectly match with any wedding gowns or mermaid dresses. These earrings embellished with some diamonds are an ideal accessory for a once-in-a-lifetime event!
So if you're having a hard time deciding when to wear your pearl earrings, IceCarats hopes that the following tips given above will help you. Whether you feel sophisticated, classy, or elegant, pearl earrings are your best friend for pulling off any of those looks. Wearing pearl earrings always represents these qualities: strength, grace, elegance, and confidence. And if you still don't have it in your collection, it is time to visit our website and choose the earrings for you!