USA Patriotic Jewelry
History of Patriotic Jewelry
Patriotism is an act of vigorously devoting yourself to support your country. One way to express your patriotism to your country is by wearing patriotic jewelry pieces. There is no clear history of when Patriotic Jewelry began, but there has been documentation that such accessories were popularized during and following World War II. During this time, ladies took it upon themselves to add symbols of freedom in their attire. Some of the more popular patriotic jewelry and accessories are country flags, Lady Liberty, antique coins, etc. Also, patriotic sentiment became evident when people of the United States began to wear patriotic jewelry to symbolize their nationality.
After that tragic September 11 attack on the World Trade Center, patriotic jewelry found itself boosting again as Americans saw this opportunity to show terrorists that what they did only made them united. Americans started wearing symbols of their country like eagles, stars, and their flag as pins, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, to name a few.
Anything can happen, and indeed such kind of jewelry can become a timeless accessory and perhaps a great heirloom piece in the making. Nowadays, a new era of patriotic jewelry bloomed as both men and women began to wear different these to express their patriotism.
Types / Categories of Patriotic Jewelry and Accessories
With an endless array of the kinds of patriotic jewelry made in the USA, you will indeed find something you would want to add to your growing collection. You may choose to add or wear a ring, charm bracelet, pendant charm, or earring, to name a few.
- Charm Bracelet - Wearing this kind of accessory adds richness to your wardrobe and will indeed look good together with whatever attire you choose.
- Pendant Charm - Make heads turn your way effortlessly with this piece and proudly wear it throughout the day.
- Coin holder pendant charm - A vintage coin is a definite-must to wear as a charm as it allows the wearer and passersby to remember what happened during that era. It, too, can be a great conversation starter on any occasion.
- Earring - Adding a touch of patriotism to your ear candy is something you should consider too. Casual attire will look even more exceptional with such an accessory.
- Patriotic Necklace - This kind of jewelry will match effortlessly with any ensemble of your choice, so better wisely choose which one you'll be wearing.
How to Choose Patriotic Fine Jewelry
Choosing the right patriotic fine jewelry can be overwhelming, but it will be much less of a hassle and pressure with a few considerations. Read on, understand, and let the decision making begin!
- Occasion - If you plan to wear patriotic jewelry charms, be sure it is not too extravagant if you're going to a formal dinner. Wearing a pin is enough. It shows guests your sophistication while showing your patriotism. On the other hand, if you're going out to support a cause, you may wear a necklace or earrings for a more ‘out there’ approach. Lastly, if you want to show patriotism every day, you can opt to have a bracelet charm.
- Attire - Just like any other accessory, you have to make sure this matches your attire. It can be a tad bit inappropriate wearing a necklace charm in the ball chain to a dinner party. You should pair your sleek dress with a pin. For a more casual and easy-go-lucky look, you may wear bracelets and a necklace too. Throw in an anklet charm if you’re going to be outside or at the beach.
- Budget - This is perhaps the most important consideration among the three. Be sure to stick to your budget when choosing the jewelry you want to have. It's best to think about how much you are willing to spend for each kid of patriotic jewelry so you won't break your bank. Store sales are popular and be sure to look out for them. Such a sale gives you the chance to finally purchase the item you want for a discounted or fraction of the original price.
When you are looking for a piece of patriotic jewelry, you can visit our website and explore the pieces of patriotic jewelry we can offer. Just log in to IceCarats’ website and discover the different pieces of patriotic jewelry we have. We guarantee you that we offer top-quality and variety of jewelry where you can choose your own choice.
Occasions / When to Wear a Patriotic Jewelry
You may wear stars and stripes patriotic jewelry every day and for special events too. Check out the statewide holidays that you may choose to show this kind of jewelry proudly.
- 4th of July
- Memorial Day
- National Freedom Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents' Day
- Labor Day
- Patriot Day
- Veterans Day
- Columbus Day
Besides the above mentioned holidays, you may also wear this kind of jewelry whenever you attend patriotism themed parties. Who wouldn't want to flaunt their accessory and attire during this time, right? Who knows, you may also find other accessories that you may want to add to your collection. Better yet, find men's patriotic jewelry that you can give to those special to you.