What are Figaro Chains?
Figaro chains are a popular men’s style, often worn alone. Figaro chains are similar to curb chains but have alternating sizes of links that create a kind of pattern.
A Figaro chain is a timeless piece of jewelry, consisting of a single extended oval link followed by two or three smaller circular rings. The earliest Figaro chains were made in Italy. Italians are renowned for manufacturing the finest chains.
History of Figaro Chains
Chains are believed to have been discovered at least back to 2500 BC, and we can give credit to Ancient Egyptians for being so brilliant in threading links together and creating chains. Later on, chains with gemstones were seen worn by the upper class and became classic pieces of jewelry. As time passed, technology progressed to making chains, and nowadays, chains are jewelry staples worn by both men and women of any age.
One of the most well-known chains is the Figaro Chains, which look very similar to a curb or cable chain. This chain is a simple and elongated one inserted in a pattern. Fun Fact for you: This chain is named after the classical operas "The Barber of Seville and the Marriage of Figaro." The history of wearing Figaro chains by men bought a meaningful contribution to the fashion statement of today's era.
How to Choose the Perfect Figaro Chain?
Before buying a Figaro chain, there are several important factors to consider. Here are some tips on how to choose the perfect Figaro chain for you:
- If you are searching for gold plated or hollow Figaro chains, weigh the pros and cons of having a plated or open-chain to ensure your chain's durability.
- Picking the perfect chain length is essential. Pick the length not just because it's your choice but the suitability for your neck and even for your daily wear. It is also necessary to decide how thick the chain should be. Be sure to check out our Ultimate Guide on choosing the Perfect Length.
- Inspect the clasp or connector. Ensure your chain has a clasp or connector that closes it well and is not easy to break. The lobster clasp is one of the best and excellent choices because it is a solid clasp that does not open and is not damaged easily if you pull your chain harder.
- Checking if your Figaro chain is smooth is necessary. You might think that this is not a big deal, but if you are going to wear a rough chain, it may irritate you. To check if the chain is smooth, you can run your fingers over the chain and make sure there are no jagged or snaggy pieces that could rub your skin.
When to Wear a Figaro Chain Necklace?:
Here are some tips both men and women can follow when choosing when or where to use a Figaro chain to accentuate their style:
- If you are wearing a dressed-down style, especially summer months and days, pairing a Figaro necklace with your attire is excellent.
- If you want to pull off a classic casual look, Figaro chains paired with your favorite pendant will finish your entire style.
- To enable a stylish and subtle look, wearing a classic gold Figaro chain that blends in with your attire would be a perfect choice.
How strong are Figaro chains?
Figaro chains are solid and durable, crafted with strength and durability, and their versatility makes them strong chains. It is usually made of thick wire; unlike any other chains, Figaro chains cannot be broken easily and are sturdy that can support heavy pendants.
Are Beads Chains or Figaro Chains stronger?
Our of all the chain styles, Figaro chains ranked 3 in the most durable chain. It is made up of thick wire, and that's why it is solid, durable, and strong, while Bead chains have the probability of bending out of shape, causing the links to move out of their clasp.