February Birthstone Amethyst
Amethyst. February birthstone is purple in color. This stone symbolizes protection against arthritis, drunkenness, and general ill-health. Amethyst stones possess the qualities of peace, courage, and stability. Wearing this helps prevent insomnia and gives extra warmth and strength for a cold season. Wearing this amethyst stone is said to help strengthen the relationship and gives courage to the wearers. Giving this as a gift for your loved ones also brings good luck. A recognizable gem that is truly astonishing.
History of Birthstone for February
The birthstone for February, widely known today as Amethyst, has been prized since ancient Greeks. Because of this birthstone’s color, Greeks associated Amethyst with the god of wine they called Baccus. This is why most ancient people believe that wearing any Amethyst jewelry can protect you from drunkenness. Some gemstone folklore also believed that Amethyst keeps its wearer clear-headed and clever. Amethyst is a beautiful purple quartz gemstone that can also be a blend of violet and red. The name of Amethyst is derived from the Greek word methustos, which stands for “intoxicated.” As mentioned above, this February birthstone is primarily composed of quartz, the second most abundant material that can be found in Earth’s crust. Amethyst's color ranges not only from purple to velvet, but it also varies from light pinkish to violet to a deep purple that sometimes can also be seen as blue or red.
During the 19th century, the birthstone Amethyst became valuable and expensive like other gems such as emeralds and sapphires. February birthstones are both modern and traditional birthstones. It also symbolizes the celebration of the 6th and 17th years of marriage. This February birthstone makes an excellent gift for any person, especially to a woman born in February. February birthstone jewelry is a famous piece of jewelry that creates a unique gift for those born this month. Jewelry made from Amethyst is not only a piece to behold, but it also represents the color of royalty and symbolizes peace, protection, and tranquility.
Types of February Birthstone Jewelry
Amethyst is a recognizable gemstone that is in rich purple tones. Regarded as one of the most famous valuable gemstones, this birthstone is affordable and featured in many types of jewelry and some decorative pieces. Nowadays, Amethyst is now renowned as one of the famous gems available in the market. Amethyst jewelry may appear in many types, and these are the following:
- Purple Amethyst Jewelry - this type of February birthstone is the most valuable type of Amethyst gemstone because of its color. Unlike many other types of stones, Amethyst’s value is based on the color rather than its carat weight. That is why purple amethyst jewelry is the most valuable type of Amethyst stone.
- Ametrine Amethyst Jewelry - this type of Amethyst jewelry is an entirely different gem. However, the fun fact about this gem is that it is still considered part of the Amethyst category. This contains a mixture of yellow and purple crystals or, in other words, Citrine and Amethyst crystals.
- Pink Amethyst Jewelry - this type of February birthstone is a beautiful type of Amethyst stone but is still considered the least valuable type. The reason why this Amethyst jewelry is least valuable because of its color. This type features only a very light hue of lilac or lavender.
- Mossy Amethyst Jewelry - this type of Amethyst stone used in jewelry can sometimes appear in both dark and light hues of colors. This type of Amethyst used in jewelry has small veins that are visible throughout the stone.
- Cape Amethyst Jewelry - this type of Amethyst gemstone features some traces of milky white quartz. This milky white quartz can be obtained or can be produced using heat.
- Prasiolite Amethyst Jewelry - this type of Amethyst stone used in making jewelry is yellow-green quartz that features slight purple hints throughout its appearance.
Jewelry made from February birthstone is an excellent addition to your jewelry collection. These deep purple stones are gems that can make a statement and perfect for any casual daily wear or even formal attire. Whatever type of Amethyst jewelry you chose, or whatever hue you pick, you will surely love the effortless glamour this gemstone can give you. Thrilled to have one of your own? Let IceCarats fill your excitement! We're here to help you achieve the perfect and top-quality pieces of jewelry. Just log in to our website and be ready to be embellished by our Amethyst jewelry collections.
How to Choose February Birthstone?
Amethyst is one of the gemstones that is a common choice for people who love jewelry. If you want to add some violet tones to your everyday outfit, here are some reminders and information about what you should do and what you should be looking for when buying Amethyst jewelry.
- Selecting the structure of the Amethyst gemstone is essential. Amethyst is a kind of quartz made up of silicon dioxide, and the color of this stone is caused by its impurities present in the crystal structure.
- Evaluate the color of the Amethyst used in the jewelry. Amethyst's primary color, as we all know, is purple, but sometimes it can have some colors like red and blue, and some of its secondary colors can range from different hues. Just always remember that when you choose a lighter tone for Amethyst jewelry, it goes from the pinkish hue, whereas darker tones have a deep blue tone or shade.
- When choosing different types of gemstones, evaluating clarity is also important. One characteristic of a gemstone is its clarity. Look for Amethyst jewelry that comes clean to the naked eye. It should have less internal imperfections and should be clean as much as possible.
- The cut of the Amethyst jewelry you are about to pick is also another factor to consider. When buying an Amethyst stone, you should evaluate its cut by looking at how intense the color is. The Amethyst stone cut depends on the intensity of the color because Amethyst is cut to maximize its brilliance and sparkle. So if you already have chosen a well saturated Amethyst color and the cut is in the shape that you like, it is a smart choice to purchase the jewelry.
- Amethyst carat weight is also another factor to consider. These gemstones can be found in different sizes. If you are a person who loves to wear jewelry with larger stones, having Amethyst added to your collection is a smart choice because the price of the jewelry with larger Amethyst stone does not go up with the increase in the carat weight.
- Amethyst is a type of gemstone or birthstone that can work well with both minimalist and maximalist tastes. This can help you look trendy and chic with a mix of classical looks. One amazing fact about Amethyst jewelry is that it can suit and match with any outfit. These precious royal gems are ranked alongside some precious gems like diamonds, sapphires, rubies, and emeralds. If you want to buy and own a piece of Amethyst jewelry, now is the time to visit the website of IceCarats and explore our vast collection of Amethyst jewelry that you will surely love.
When to Wear February Birthstones?
Throughout history, many pieces of evidence have proved that Amethyst is a sacred and valuable stone. This February birthstone's alluring purple color is not it's the only main feature of attraction because once you have already known more facts about this stone, you will realize that its beauty has a lot to offer. Apart from the fact that Amethyst is believed to have great healing power, this birthstone has been revered for many years by different cultures, and that is why it is still popular even today. It is also known as one of the best stones that look elegant and alluring when paired with a different outfit. Whether you own a bracelet or a necklace with an Amethyst pendant, you can always be sure to stand out. Below are a few occasions when you can effortlessly pull off any attire with Amethyst jewelry.
- Everyday Look - the bright color of the gemstone Amethyst makes it wearable every day, and if you think you can not wear purple every day, you are wrong. You can choose to wear a piece of jewelry with Amethyst stone every day because this will undoubtedly shine through all your errands on a daily basis. A simple summer dress paired with a pair of Amethyst earrings or a pantsuit with a finishing touch of Amethyst necklace will complete your look.
- Formal Wear - wearing your fanciest gown during a formal event or an evening occasion will make you look stunning when paired with Amethyst jewelry. Aside from wearing jewelry pieces with Amethyst stone in your office every day, Amethyst jewelry will give you a sophisticated look when paired with a formal dress.
- Family Events or Gatherings - you can take out your Amethyst jewelry to shine on a personal occasion like meeting a large number of family members. You will surely shine and will undoubtedly steal everyone's heart.
- When you are wearing soft grays and monochromatic hues attire, Amethyst jewelry will allow you to draw attention to the crowd because of Amethyst stone's dazzling color.
- Your ice-colored wardrobe can also look sophisticated when you wear any Amethyst jewelry along with it. Since Amethyst stones are dark gemstones, these are perfect and excellent choices for keeping your clothes on the brighter side.
If you are on a hunt searching for dazzling, gorgeous, top-quality, and authentic Amethyst jewelry items, you can check out our vast array of options available at our website, IceCarats.com. We can offer an extensive and enviable awesome collection of Amethyst jewelry just for you!