History of Fancy Bracelets
Accessories have been part of human civilization since time immemorial. Man has continually pushed the boundaries in fashion to create bracelets that people will love.
Wearing jewelry for adornment and ritual may have started way back 7,000 years ago. Archeologists found evidence that people wore bracelets in ancient China, Mesopotamia, and Egypt. Materials used to make the early bracelets were slender tree limbs, grasses, and shells, and then bronze and copper. Artisans made arm candies from gold and silver after the Bronze Age, roughly between 2000 to 1400 B.C.).
Egyptians are known to wear bracelets made of gold and silver. They likewise embellished it with semiprecious stones to make it grander and more majestic. Skilled goldsmiths of the New Kingdom, dating from 1558 to 1085 B. C.) artistically-crafted inlaid designs made from African gemstones. Part of the Egyptian culture is to bury such accessories with the deceased. However, it appears that doing such is to make the dead more fashionable rather than it being ritual jewelry or amulet.
Greeks began wearing cuffs on the lower arm as a decoration. Greek soldiers often wear wide leather and metal cuffs as protection and part of their dress uniform. Roman soldiers later adapted this kind of practice too.
In China, in 2000 B.C., Jade cuffs and bangles were popularized. Ancient Chinese valued gold bracelets so much that they etched elaborate and finely-made patterns of nature, mythical creatures, and animals into the gold. India had their fair share of these gold bracelets and their typical style, but strands of metal and glass beads came about and became popular in modern times.
Thanks to the revival of European women, bracelets became a common fashion accessory in the 17th Century. Wearing ribbons with thin bangles became a trend and the introduction and popularity of stackable jewelry. Bracelet chains, together with cameos and medallions, emerged in the 19th Century. And the Victorian Era gave birth to charm bracelets with engraved charms and dangling lockets.
The 20th Century became a turning point in bracelet history as any design, or chosen material to use is available. The sky's the limit. Thus the bracelet-making experience is even more exciting. Bracelet affordability is likewise more reachable and attainable due to mass production. By the 1920s, ornate designs of the late 19th Century paved the way for the Art Deco period showcasing clean lines. In the 1930s, adding Bakelite and plastics to jewelry emerged. It was during this time that plastic bangles for teens became a staple in their collection and wardrobe. Bracelets in gold-plated bass or sterling silver became a mainstay in the 1950s. However, from the 1970s until the turn of the Century, the diversity of fashion even widened. Wider cuffs, beaded strands, slender bangles, and thin chains were among what the women wanted. Men likewise began to wear bracelets too, either gold or sterling silver link chains.
A steady rise in silver jewelry during the 21st Century is something that the 20th Century opened. Silver became the most common material for bangles, cuffs, and link bracelets. As compared to gold, silver is relatively cheaper. A gold inlay is an option for individuals who want to have more sparkle or another layer of sophistication. Industrial metal such as Tungsten, Titanium, and Steel found their way to the hearts of men.
People's continued preference to wear jewelry is forecasted to grow no matter whichever material is available. Jewelry, such as bracelets, is a timeless piece that will never go out of fashion and be part of anyone's attire.
Types of Bracelets - Fancy
Bracelets come in many types, but one of the more popular ones is the fancy bracelet. Fancy jewelry is jewelry made of inexpensive materials rather than using real gold, sterling silver, and the like. Many choose to wear this kind of jewelry, particularly those with a tight budget. Wearing fancy jewelry, or fancy bracelets, for that matter, still gives the wearer that feeling of elegance despite not wearing or purchasing the higher end one.
1. Fancy Medical Alert Bracelets - These accessories provide medical information about the wearer. Such is to inform others if there is a unique medical condition and needs, especially if the wearer is unable to provide information themselves. Often made from stainless steel or sterling silver, there are also those made from silicone, Silver, and beads.
The indication information has saved many lives. The accessory allows first-responders all they need to consider to provide incapacitated individuals the care that they need in dire instances.
2. Fancy Friendship Bracelets - This arm candy brings nostalgia to anyone who would see or make it. A timeless and fashionable piece that anyone can make or create no matter what age you are. Traditionally, people make and give this bracelet to a friend to seal their long-lasting friendship. When the maker ties this accessory onto the recipient's wrist, the recipient can make a wish. It is believed the wish comes true once the bracelet falls off.
The friendship bracelet is formed by a series of knots to create a woven pattern, typically of a macrame. As time passed, beads, charms, and the likes were added to it to make it more fashionable. Aside from thread or yarn, friendship bracelets can also be made of suede cords, Chinese wax cord, tulle, and a whole lot more!
3. Fancy Bracelets for Men - For a man wanting to be more fashion-forward, wearing a bracelet is key in achieving this. A simple arm candy can add another layer of style and power to their ensemble. Whether casual or formal attire, any man will find something suitable to wear.
Men bracelets are commonly made from Titanium, Gold, and Sterling Silver. Leather, silver, and beaded bracelets for men are likewise a popular choice for those seeking affordability.
4. Fancy gold bracelets - Gold is a definite choice of accessories for many because it gives that sparkle and flair to any ensemble. This metal has been an epitome of fashion and style. That is why many choose this over the other metals.
Because solid gold bracelets are not for everyone, others opt to get a gold-plated bracelet. It is a cheaper alternative that still projects a fierce and powerful aura anyone wants to achieve.
5. Fancy Charm Bracelets - Bracelets are among the popular choices of accessories because of its versatility. Wrap around, multi-strand, single-strand, just to name a few are among the bracelets a person can choose.
One of the more popular types of bracelets is the charm bracelet. Thanks to the unlimited number of charms available, it can be quite hard which ones to add to a bracelet since it makes this accessory a more personal one. Anyone giving so much time and effort choosing the best to add should be commended.
6. Mens Fancy Bracelets - Unleash the trendsetter man in you by wearing fancy bracelets. Pair your woven leather arm candy with a polo shirt and jeans for that ultimate casual wear. Wear stackable beaded bracelets for your beach vacation and get that island feel even more. A silver cuff to your formal attire will make heads turn your way.
How to Choose the Perfect Fancy Bracelet?
Before choosing the fancy bracelet that you will add to your attire, be sure first to measure your wrist. Knowing the wrist size will help you determine which kind of bracelet is best for you.
Put a flexible tape measure just below the wrist bone; this is where your bracelet is typically located. You may also wrap a blank strip of paper around your wrist just below the wrist bone. After, mark with a pencil or pen where the paper overlaps and then measure the piece with a ruler.
Once you know that measure of your wrist, add 0.5 inches or 1.3cm to your initial measurement. Use this adjusted measurement when referring to the sizing chart whenever you are shopping.
After everything is settled, the fun part begins in choosing which fancy bracelet you may want to wear or add to your collection. Try to mix and match! It's purely creative and fun!
When to wear your Fancy Bracelet
Accessories give so much life to attire, and so much thought comes into play for choosing the best one. Follow your style no matter what and convey your feelings through accessories. You may mix and match various bracelet types, sizes, colors, materials, and textures. Too much can be a little off sometimes. Just make sure to be cautious when choosing the right pieces to wear. To make this easier for you, listed below are some things you should consider in deciding which bracelet is best for your ensemble for any occasion.
- Job - Always go for classic accessories. A simple gold-plated bracelet, with or without a rhinestone, will look great with your office attire. You may also wear a mix of finer gold or silver bracelets to match your outfit.
- Night out - This is the best time to make people draw attention to you. Be sure to wear several bracelets in varied sizes and styles. Mix and match a gold set of bracelets with fun charms is a definite must.
- Dinner date - Less is more is something anyone should consider for this occasion. You may wear classic chunky bracelets, or a simple silver cuff is your choice. Wear this accessory with your little black dress or on-point tuxedo and let your date fall into the abyss of just staring at you.
- Graduation and weddings - Wearing matching earrings and fancy bracelets is a top consideration since these occasions should make the wearer stand out. Rhinestone bracelets made of silver is something that goes well with formal attire or a graduation dress. Do you want to wear a printed or embroidered dress? Better opt for more classic bracelets to accentuate your attire.
Identify occasions, then assemble your look. Once satisfied with what you have laid out, add the accessories to feel the whole ensemble. Have fun in the process, be creative, and enjoy choosing the best fancy bracelet to wear!